A weatherboard hall measuring 78 feet by 34 feet and seating 300 was erected in 1947 to cater for a small local population which increased some tenfold in summer, but pictures were not approved until April 1948. A Mr Hutchens had approached the hall committee to screen 16mm films each week. It is not clear if he began the operation, but unofficial sources claim that Phil Berner opened his Ampro Theatre in the hall in 1948 for holiday shows, then weekly up to the 1960s, later reverting to holiday operation until at least 1980. Mr Berner had installed a proper box for 35mm projection but the operator in January 1961 is recorded as D Armstrong of Sussex Inlet Theatres Pty Ltd.
Inlet Cinema was reopened under new management in April 2009 with modern facilities and ammenities.